Monday, July 2, 2007

(Wo)manning the Ship

Connie is off to St. Thomas tomorrow. She has promised, in accordance with her generous nature, to think of us working in the office every time that she orders a pina colada on the beach. Lana is on a minutely planned automobile tour of the Southwest - Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Trinidad Beach, the Redwood Forest, Crater Lake, Yellowstone, Rocky Mountain National Park, Four Corners, the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, and Zion National Park - and I, for the moment, constitute the entire events team of International Justice Mission. I'm flexing my muscles like Popeye, or at least like Olive Oil.Today I had my very first meeting at which I got to plan the agenda (with lots of help). I stood in front of the room and made things pop up on a projector screen. Oh, the power.

No comments: